Saturday, December 13, 2008

Web 2.0 Continues

I have had many patrons complain that we do not carry certain titles. Sometimes what has happened is that we owned the copy and it was lost, or was old and we withdrew it because no one was checking it out. However, there is a patron requesting this title now, but it seems as though the title is out of print. I clicked on the books subject in seomoz's.org and the second website might be able to help. It is called biblio.com and you can purchase out of print titles there for $1. Seems like quite a steel to me. I might suggest that to the patrons now.

Minti.com was an other web site I checked out. I notice that we have a lot of circulation of childcare books. This site was devoted to childcare questions and might be a good suggestion for patrons needing quick advice, but don't have time to come into the library or wait for a book by mayl.

1 comment:

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

Hi Registration!

You hit a homerun with this one! Pointing your patrons to some of the tools that you have learned about in this course is wonderful! You get a star!

Tom