Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life Long Learning 2.0

This week had a diverse range of topics. The Higher / Continuing Education section was intreaguing. I don't think that I would want to attend an online school, even if it was directly tied to a highly accredited institution like Syracuse. I think I would not be able to engage myself in the learning process, if I did not have direct contact with my professors. However, the Wikiveristy seemed like it would be nice to learn about if you are just interested in the subject. It would give you a program to follow nad you could follow it at your leasure.

The Professional development portion reminded me of the different articles you will see on yahoo.com or msn.com. It was fun to see a quick blurb about something just to tease your brain a little. I already knew about Gardner's multiple intelligence theory, but I enjoyed reading the different inspirational quotations.

As for the Personal Growth section, it seemed a little amaturish. I was not impressed with the intructers on many of the web sites. They did not seem too enthusiastic and I lost interest in what they were saying. The only one that held my attention was howstuffworks.com because they used professional videos.

No comments: